Position: Fund Accountant
About Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services
MUFG Fund Services (Canada) Limited is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services and is fully licensed to act as a Fund Administration service provider.
Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services is a global provider of alternative investment services with powerful technology and strong institutional backing. This combination provides the Company with the strength and flexibility to excel as a strategic partner to its clients. Our management team has cumulative experience exceeding 75 years in businesses related to third party financial processing and our staff turnover is among the lowest in the industry. A winning combination of proprietary technology and industry leading vendor based software places us in the position to provide a level of service beyond the reach of much of our competition.
Due to exceptional demand for its services we are seeking a Fund Accountant to work in our Waterloo office. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, fast growing organization.
The successful applicant will work closely with a Client Relationship Manager to provide excellent service to Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services clients. The role involves working on funds with a variety of deliverables, daily, weekly and monthly NAVs.
- Reconcile cash and security transactions
- Price portfolios including Equities, Options, Futures, Fixed Income, OTC’s and Forwards
- Respond to client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Prepare SAS70 compliant daily, weekly and monthly files
- Assist in preparation of audited Financial Statements and annual audit
- Prepare reporting for the regulatory authorities
The successful candidate should:
- Have a minimum of one year’s experience in the administration of Hedge Funds
- Possess an undergraduate degree with a focus in business administration, accounting or finance
- Completion of or interest in a professional accounting designation (CA, CGA, CMA, ACCA, CFA) an asset but not required
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of software applications
- Have a working knowledge of Bloomberg
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of funds, fund structures, fee calculations, trading strategies, financial instruments and fund offering documentation.
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Performed a similar role
- Worked with Advent Geneva
Candidates will be required to attend for interview. Candidates will also be required to sit an Excel based case study and industry knowledge test.
Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services provides all of its employees with an extremely competitive and attractive compensation package. In addition to base salary, there is a group medical insurance scheme, group pension scheme, reimbursement of professional subscriptions, paid holidays and assistance towards gym memberships.
Interested candidates should forward their resume to Resumes-WAT@mitsubishiufjfundservices.com. Please quote the position title in the subject of your email.
We thank all candidates for applying however only those proceeding to the interview stage will be contacted.
Starting salary will be dependent on previous experience.
Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services is an equal opportunity employer.