Position: Manager, Middle Office Operations
About Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services
MUFG Fund Services (Canada) Limited is a subsidiary of Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services and is fully licensed to act as a Fund Administration service provider.
Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services is a global provider of alternative investment services with powerful technology and strong institutional backing. This combination provides the Company with the strength and flexibility to excel as a strategic partner to its clients. Our management team has cumulative experience exceeding 75 years in businesses related to third party financial processing and our staff turnover is among the lowest in the industry. A winning combination of proprietary technology and industry leading vendor based software places us in the position to provide a level of service beyond the reach of much of our competition.
Due to exceptional demand for its services we are seeking a Manager – Middle Office Operations to work in our Mississauga or Waterloo offices. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic, fast growing organization.
The successful applicant will work closely with a Senior Manager to provide excellent service to Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services clients.
- Ensure integrity of global security database for various financial instruments
- Oversee corporate actions, asset servicing, and credit activities at global portfolio
- Maintain and update global portfolio pricing and valuation jobs through different pricing/valuation systems
- Set up and maintain straight through processing procedures for trade capture, pricing feed, and reconciliation
- Respond and resolve queries related to financial products and investment accounting system such as corporate actions, FX interpolation, amortization, etc.
- Involved in implementation, maintenance, and upgrade of core systems such as Geneva, Cogency, BIMS suite of applications
- Participate in companywide project such as new system implementation and testing
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in back and middle office operations of a financial institution
- Deep knowledge of financial markets and financial products including OTC derivatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be well-organized, capable of planning work commitments, task prioritization, meeting deadlines and dealing with peaks of activity and unexpected events
- Ability to mentor team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of SQL and VBA is an asset
- Working knowledge with Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, and/or IDC is a plus
- Working knowledge of Geneva and/or BIMS suite of product is a plus
- BS/BA in finance, business, economics, math or other quantitative field a minimum; MBA in finance/financial engineering, or master of finance, mathematics or other quantitative fields preferred
- CFA or Enrollment in such professional programs strongly desired
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Performed a similar role
- Worked with Advent Geneva
Candidates will be required to attend for interview. Candidates will also be required to sit an Excel based case study and industry knowledge test.
Interested candidates should forward their CV via Resumes-WAT@mitsubishiufjfundservices.com. Please quote the position title in the subject of your email. We thank all candidates for applying, however only those proceeding to the interview stage will be contacted.
Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services provides all of its employees with an extremely competitive and attractive compensation package. In addition to base salary, there is a group medical insurance scheme, group pension scheme, reimbursement of professional subscriptions, paid holidays and assistance towards gym memberships.
Starting salary will be dependent on previous experience.
Mitsubishi UFJ Fund Services is an equal opportunity employer.